Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gnomeo & Juliet

Hi there! It has already been a busy week so I took a little break today to create this layout! I took my DD to see the movie 'Gnomeo & Juliet' last weekend and I must say it was adorable...Sammi was so excited to see it, just us girls!

So when this weeks challenge came out using fairytales and folklore on the cricut circle blog, I was so excited!! I actually (shhhhh, don't tell) bought this cartridge for the gnomes just to make this layout!!! Really, I did! I passed this cartridge up at the M's $10 deal and then had to pay more just to get it! Well, what can you do. I think that this layout justifies my parchase...don't you???
Here are some close ups: sorry for the glare...the frame around the picture is an acetate overlay!


The background cloud paper is from the Imagine Hopscotch cartridge...I love it! I used my E for most of the cuts, but also brought in the Gypsy to weld the grass together from Sports Mania and also for the frog and the castle (because I was too lazy to go get the cartridge OUAP). The rainbow, sun and flowers are diecuts from the Me and My Big Ideas childrens activivty pad ( so cute with lots of activities for kids and some great pp and die cuts). The flower frame is from Deja Views: transparent frame, garden. Oh and I used plenty of pop dots, too!!
Freshly picked: gnomes 3 1/2", mushrooms 1 1/2" 2" and 2 1/2" , sign post sized using Gypsy, garden
Alpalicious: letters red using Gypsy
Sports Mania: grass welded on Gypsy
Once Upon A Princess (ouap): castle top cut with Gypsy and using the hide contour feature, frog
I sketched it out and knew which materials I would use and then just started cutting and pasting and it finally just all came together!
Have a great rest of the week!

5 comments:

  1. Wow...this is so, so cute! Love everything about it! I took my granddaughter to see this last week and we both loved it! Your money was well spent-the gnomes are adorable!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout! The frog is so cute! My DH, for wahtever reason, really thinks gnomes are great! Go figure, a grown man....? I wish I would have seen that deal at Michael's! I'll have to keep my eyes open! Keep Creating!

    ReplyDelete